Quotes to live by:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." -Declaration of Independence

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK, Jr.

Liberty's Watch

Liberty's Watch
9/11 Truth!! Never Forget!

Internet Defense League

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Remembering Tupac Shakur aka 2Pac (06/16/71 to 09/13/96)



Released in 1993. This was the first 2Pac CD I had ever bought. Followed by "Me Against the World, and All Eyez on Me". I have purchased the "Greatest Hits" Album twice, after losing my first copy. A lot of people don't get this genre of music, but to me it is an art form. Poetry is not as popular as rapping in my book, perhaps it needs to be put to music. If you actually pay attention to what is being said a story will most likely unfold if you are able to keep up with great lyricists such a Tupac. Tupac had a busy life as soon as he attained stardom with not only music but with his acting ability too. In reality he went from Digital underground to 1991 on his own label and in 2 years making his first huge album and starring in major movies and then for 3 more years putting out music and movies until his untimely death in which the murderers have still not been caught to this day.

It is hard to select a #1 song, but I think "Changes" really does make a statement and would have to top the list of my favorite 2Pac songs. I never even knew who Huey was when I was first listening to the song, now i'm older I do. I feel the world and culture is changing and there are many truths in this song. 12 years after this song was made we finally have a black President. We still haven't changed the way we eat, too much good food. Some things will never change?

I would have to say that "All Eyez on Me" , "I Ain't Mad at ya", and "Picture Me Rolling" are my other top songs, and seriously you have to love "Hit 'em Up".

I never really listened to the East Coast stuff until later on in life around 2000. The battle back in the day was serious, you were either a 2Pac fan or a Biggie Fan. I was definitely a 2Pac fan, and still love listening to his music to this day. It's a shame that we had to loose great artists to this type of struggle, but the struggle was real: "Thug Life". It was the pinnacle of the history of the genre that never reached its peak. Now it's really just a modified Hip Hop genre.

RIP 2Pac

No comments: