Quotes to live by:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." -Declaration of Independence

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK, Jr.

Liberty's Watch

Liberty's Watch
9/11 Truth!! Never Forget!

Internet Defense League

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Modern Warfare 2 Freezing on PS3 New Years Eve Still Experieincing Issues


My Two Cents:



I got MW2 for Christmas and have played it about 15 hours until December 31st. I then started getting freezing after one online game of Team Mercenary Deathmatch. After playing two games of consecutive freezing I gave up and did other things. I tried again the next day and got the same results. I hopped on here and saw that this has been an ongoing issue since the end of November with people being out of a lot of money from no fault of their own.



I tried the recommendation of "Restoring file system". The PS3 told me that my file system was corrupt and needed to be restored. I proceeded with the restore and started up MW2 again and was elated after no freezing after first match. When the second match started it froze at "Launching...". Back to reading.

I also tried deleting the game utility and save data, freezing still occurred.


It is hard to determine whether it's hardware or software for everyone. I think there may be some variables, especially since some solutions work for some and not for others. Other things work in the drive. The drive laser is either on or off; it's either on for an extended period of time or not. The devices that move and reacted to the disk may possibly malfunction, but I believe this issue is software related, and that since Christmas Vacation is almost over, I hope to have a download that will fix this issue either from Infinity Ward or Sony.



If it does turn out to be a hardware related item, there should be a recall on all machines experiencing this issue, or shall expect to see this issue. If it has been consistent with model, which it seems to be prevalent with many models, all should be included. Its obvious that many are having this issue, and there are probably a lot more that do not know how to voice their opinion.



I am surely not going to spend any money paying for a malfunction that is no fault of my own



I am hoping for a resolution to this issue soon.

No comments: