Quotes to live by:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." -Declaration of Independence

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK, Jr.

Liberty's Watch

Liberty's Watch
9/11 Truth!! Never Forget!

Internet Defense League

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

I got mine yesterday. Bought GT5 Prologue at Best Buy in Durham, NC, they had 15 copies left. But they didn't have any DS3 controllers, had to stop at the local Gamespot to pick that up. I was very impressed with the graphics of course, and was excited about online gameplay(love the country tag). I'm digging in deep so I can get some Ferrari's, and unlocking all the stuff. The only real dissappointment was the lack of stats. I was expecting a Call of Duty 4 type statistical record. But it only seems to display lap times, if you run the time trials. I was hoping it would keep up with how many times you finished X race in X car in X track in X position, and all variations of the sort; or course with the generic Place finishes percentiles. I could have swore I read somewhere that they said this game would have the best online statistics ever. Yet to see that. I cannot compare the realism in this game, I mean GT4 was superb to me as well, this is just setting the bar for every other game out there. I haven't really looked around the official forum site, but I implore a "Wreckers" type thread with the ability to point out people who race to wreck people. Rubbing is racing, but to come across the track just to smash into someone isn't rubbing. Retaliation is futile(now I know) because you just hurt yourself in the process if you truely are attempting to race. I'm sure as more and more people buy GT5P, that more people will be online to play. I am impressed with the Canadian response, and can't wait to see some UK tags, and to stomp some IRAN tags to the ground., didn't see any [JP] tags though, guess they have all moved to the Intermediate and Expert by now. I hope they have Nurenburg(sp?) online, that would be awesome. I'd also like to see the new Camaro as well.
Race you later!
PSNID:Amduat

No comments: