Quotes to live by:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." -Declaration of Independence

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK, Jr.

Liberty's Watch

Liberty's Watch
9/11 Truth!! Never Forget!

Internet Defense League

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Remembering Frank Sinatra (1915-1998)

Frank Sinatra was an icon of a century. Even in the 21st Century Frank is regarded as one of the originators of Pop and Pop Culture. I noticed a new album compilation being advertised and did a generic search on http://www.ask.com , and came upon http://www.sinatra.com which is just a great place to go if you are a Sinatra fan. I was introduced to Frank Sinatra's music at the age of 18 by Tim Daly, a hallmate on my freshman dorm at Hampden-Sydney College. Ever since I heard his music in full, I have been hooked, and still enjoy it to this day. The art of singing has not gone away, and I think it is an innate expression that will stay with the human race until the end of our reign. I have purchased his Reprise Album 4 times, because I am careless and misplace things, but that shows how awesome this album is. I don't think I can say that about any other artist. It's unfortunate that the type of entertainment Frank Sinatra brought around no longer exists in the mainstream culture. He and the Rat Pack made the 40s, 50s, and 60s the time to be in. The great ones will never be forgotten.

No comments: